A New Way to Register for 4-H!!!
Registration for both members and leaders will be online this year! Each family will be able to go to http://wy.4honline.com and enroll themselves! There are detailed directions on how to enroll on the following page! Please do not hesitate to call the Extension Office at (307)746-3531 if you have any questions! You may also stop in the office if you would like help enrolling!
F.Y.I 4-H Dues!
Due to the increase in fees at the state level, the county member enrollment fee will be increasing from $5.00 per member to $10.00. The leader enrollment fee will continue to be $10.00. If you have any questions, please call the Extension Office at (307)746-3531.
Please don’t forget to get your
4-H leader and member enrollment and re-enrollment completed online as soon as possible! You are not insured while attending 4-H events without having a current enrollment form on record and entered in the state 4-H program.
All new leaders and leaders who are in their 5th year and need to be
re-screened are now required to complete training requirements before they will be screened and approved as a 4-H volunteer leader.
- A NEW leader is required to complete two training pieces. These two training pieces can be done in any order.
- The Volunteer e-Learning modules accessible from the State 4-H web site:
http://www.uwyo.edu/4-h/; the password is volunteer.
- The face to face New Leader Orientation; this is done by Stacy.
- A volunteer leader in their 5th YEAR is required to complete a training that will benefit their role as a 4-H volunteer.
*Please see below for a list of leaders who need to complete
these trainings and be re-screened.*
The following leaders need to enroll online, complete the training requirements, and be re-screened (if you haven’t already done so):
Stacey Button Robbie Grubbs Rick Pillen Wes Rhoden
Linda Cash Stephanie Kline Jill Pischke Galen Stafford
Kent Elliott Lisa Lam Curtis Rankin Marissa Sweet
Tammy Elliott Jacy Marchant Cindy Rhoades Brent Thompson
Lonnie Farella Leona Neate Sarah Rhoden
If you would like to be approved as a 4-H Volunteer Leader, these requirements need to be completed as soon as possible. Thank you for all you do, your involvement and dedication is appreciated! Please call the Extension Office at (307)746-3531 if you have any questions!
APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR ALL SCHOLARSHIPS IS
FEBRUARY 15, 2015
- Ella E. Schloredt Scholarship- offers numerous awards in varying amounts.Recipients are allowed to renew for 3 years after receiving their original award. Must be a graduating high school senior of continuing UW student with interest in 4-H, FFA, forestry work,or similar fields.
- Lael R.Harrison Memorial Scholarship – awarded to a graduating high school senior who is currently enrolled in Wyoming 4-H and is planning on attending the University of Wyoming. One scholarship of varying amount is awarded.
- J.M.”Jimmy” Nichols Memorial Scholarship-awarded to a graduating high school senior who is currently enrolled in Wyoming 4-H,and is planning on attending the University of Wyoming.
- Wyoming Veterinary Medical Association 4-H Vet Science Scholarship-offered with
preference to any graduating high school senior and current 4-H member who has exhibited
special interest, leadership ability, and outstanding achievement in the 4-H Vet Science Project area,as well as being active in the large or small animal 4-H projects.One scholarship is awarded annually in the amount of $250.00.
- Wyoming Farmhouse Foundation Scholarship-awarded to a graduating high school senior who is planning on attending University of Wyoming,with preference given to the children or grandchildren of a Farmhouse Fraternity member.One scholarship is awarded in the amount of $1,000.00.
- Wyoming State 4·H Foundation Scholarship-awarded to a graduating high school senior who is currently enrolled in the amount of $500.00.
- Edna Mae&Wallace McClaflin Scholarship-awarded to graduating high school seniors who are current Wyoming 4-H members and planning on attending the University of Wyoming. One scholarship in the amount of $500.00 is awarded.
ALL UW 4-H SCHOLARSHIPS ARE ONLINE AT: http://4-h.uwyo.edu/Scholarships.asp
(Pleasenotethe application deadlines for these scholarships!)
- TheHelenG.MillerScholarship -Applications are due by January 12. Applications can be found at: uwyo.edu.AgAdm/Current/ProspectiveShared/scholarships.
- UW College o fAgriculture Scholarships-Applications are due by February 1. Applications can be found at: uwyo.edu.AgAdm/Current/ProspectiveShared/scholarships.
- Black Hills Stock Show Youth Day Scholarships -Go to http://4h.sdstate.edu and under “What’s Happening” click on “Black Hills Stock Show” and scroll down until you see the heading “Scholarship Opportunity.”
- Wyoming Association of Fairs- Applications due May 1. Applications can be found at: www.wyomingfairs.org/waf-scholarship-application.html.
Deadline for shooting sports enrollment is January 16, 2015!!!
The 2014 State Leaders’ Conference will take place in Torrington, Wyoming on February 13-15. More information will given when available.This conference is a valuable
opportunity to gain skills, knowledge, and resources to use in your local 4-H clubs or as a key leader for the county!
Workshops will be offered to fit a variety of interests and needs.
The Wyoming State 4-H Leader’s Conference brings together a community of leaders and young people from across the state, giving 4-H members, leaders, and Extension educators an
opportunity to take part in some great training and to strengthen their leadership skills. Don’t be shy, scholarships are available, and we hope that some of you will take advantage of them. You will meet other 4-H leaders and share thoughts and ideas over and above those offered during the workshops. Friendships will be started that you will find go on for years.
Conference details and registration are available at: http://www.uwyo.edu/4-h/ Click on State 4-H Leaders Conference to see a description of the fabulous workshops being offered, the key note speaker, the entertainment and so much more. The full time, early bird, registration fee of $65 ends January 10th. The regular registration fee of $75 is good January 11-24th and the late registration fee is $85, January 25-30th.