Hey 4-H’ers, don’t forget to wear purple next Wednesday to support Military families!
Registration for both members and leaders will be online this year! Each family will be able to go to http://wy.4honline.com and enroll themselves! There are detailed directions on how to enroll on the following page! Please do not hesitate to call the Extension Office at (307)746-3531 if you have any questions! You may also stop in the office if you would like help enrolling!
F.Y.I 4-H Dues!
Due to the increase in fees at the state level, the county member enrollment fee will be increasing from $5.00 per member to $10.00. The leader enrollment fee will continue to be $10.00. If you have any questions, please call the Extension Office at (307)746-3531.
Please don’t forget to get your
4-H leader and member enrollment and re-enrollment completed online as soon as possible! You are not insured while attending 4-H events without having a current enrollment form on record and entered in the state 4-H program.
All new leaders and leaders who are in their 5th year and need to be
re-screened are now required to complete training requirements before they will be screened and approved as a 4-H volunteer leader.
- A NEW leader is required to complete two training pieces. These two training pieces can be done in any order.
- Visit http://www.uwyo.edu/4-h/volunteers/newleaderorientation.html and complete all the training videos and evaluations.
- The face to face New Leader Orientation; this is done by Stacy.
- A volunteer leader in their 5th YEAR is required to complete a training that will benefit their role as a 4-H volunteer.
*Please see below for a list of leaders who need to complete
these trainings and be re-screened.*
The following leaders need to enroll online, complete the training requirements, and be re-screened (if you haven’t already done so):
Stacey Button Robbie Grubbs Wes Rhoden
Linda Cash Rick Pillen
Kent Elliott Lisa Lam Marissa Sweet
Tammy Elliott Jacy Marchant
Lonnie Farell Sarah Rhoden
If you would like to be approved as a 4-H Volunteer Leader, these requirements need to be completed as soon as possible. Thank you for all you do, your involvement and dedication is appreciated! Please call the Extension Office at (307)746-3531 if you have any questions!
APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR ALL SCHOLARSHIPS IS
FEBRUARY 15, 2015
- Ella E. Schloredt Scholarship- offers numerous awards in varying amounts.Recipients are allowed to renew for 3 years after receiving their original award. Must be a graduating high school senior of continuing UW student with interest in 4-H, FFA, forestry work,or similar fields.
- Lael R.Harrison Memorial Scholarship – awarded to a graduating high school senior who is currently enrolled in Wyoming 4-H and is planning on attending the University of Wyoming. One scholarship of varying amount is awarded.
- J.M.”Jimmy” Nichols Memorial Scholarship-awarded to a graduating high school senior who is currently enrolled in Wyoming 4-H,and is planning on attending the University of Wyoming.
- Wyoming Veterinary Medical Association 4-H Vet Science Scholarship-offered with
preference to any graduating high school senior and current 4-H member who has exhibited
special interest, leadership ability, and outstanding achievement in the 4-H Vet Science Project area,as well as being active in the large or small animal 4-H projects.One scholarship is awarded annually in the amount of $250.00.
- Wyoming Farmhouse Foundation Scholarship-awarded to a graduating high school senior who is planning on attending University of Wyoming,with preference given to the children or grandchildren of a Farmhouse Fraternity member.One scholarship is awarded in the amount of $1,000.00.
- Wyoming State 4·H Foundation Scholarship-awarded to a graduating high school senior who is currently enrolled in the amount of $500.00.
- Edna Mae&Wallace McClaflin Scholarship-awarded to graduating high school seniors who are current Wyoming 4-H members and planning on attending the University of Wyoming. One scholarship in the amount of $500.00 is awarded.
ALL UW 4-H SCHOLARSHIPS ARE ONLINE AT: http://4-h.uwyo.edu/Scholarships.asp
(Pleasenotethe application deadlines for these scholarships!)
- TheHelenG.MillerScholarship -Applications are due by January 12. Applications can be found at: uwyo.edu.AgAdm/Current/ProspectiveShared/scholarships.
- UW College o fAgriculture Scholarships-Applications are due by February 1. Applications can be found at: uwyo.edu.AgAdm/Current/ProspectiveShared/scholarships.
- Black Hills Stock Show Youth Day Scholarships -Go to http://4h.sdstate.edu and under “What’s Happening” click on “Black Hills Stock Show” and scroll down until you see the heading “Scholarship Opportunity.”
- Wyoming Association of Fairs- Applications due May 1. Applications can be found at: www.wyomingfairs.org/waf-scholarship-application.html.