Summer is flying by here in Washakie County 4-H!
We have tons of events and activities happening to keep you busy!
The Summer Day Camp is one that is approaching quickly. It will be July 8th from 10am to 3pm at the Extension Office. We will be doing a variety of fun experiments, making lunch, and many more fun activities. The cost for the day will be $5. Please RSVP by July 3rd, so that we can make sure we have enough supplies and food to go around! We hope to see many of you there!
Don’t forget! Registration for 4-H Camp is due TODAY!
Print off the registration form, and health form, and bring them in today. You don’t want to miss out on this great and fun opportunity!
The forms can be downloaded here:
2014 4-H Camp Registration (PDF), Health Form
For directions you can visit the “Useful Links” tab, where you can find Google Maps directions. You can also check your summer newsletter for more information on camp!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call.
The Extension Office phone number is 347-3431.
It is 4-H Camp time!!!! Have you signed up yet? It is going to be a great week of fun!!! 4-H Camp is the best week of the 4-H year!!! We will have some fun workshops, campfire dinners, outdoor adventure and much, much more!!!
Registration is due June 2nd and camp is scheduled for June 12th -15th at the H<>W Youth Camp on Grass Creek. Download it and fill it out (2014 4-H Camp Registration (PDF)). You can also download and fill out your health forms (Health Form).
Cabins are available on a first come, first serve basis – so reserve your spot in a cabin soon as they are filling up fast (no tents allowed)!!!
Also, this Saturday is the H<>W Youth Camp Work Day starting at 10am at the Youth Camp. Come up as a family and help build the third cabin and other duties that need done to prepare for camp. Lunch will be provided!! If you plan to attend the work day, please RSVP to the Extension Office by tomorrow (Friday) so we have enough food lunch.
Any questions, please let us know in the Extension Office!!!
You don’t want to miss out!!!
Summer is HERE!!
Congratulations to all the Worland and Tensleep graduates, we will miss those seniors in 4-H as they wrap up their 4-H careers! We wish them all the best in their future endeavors.
With graduation and summer comes a flood of activities for our members to participate in. A few important deadlines are approaching fast…
- Market sheep, goat, and swine tagging coming up in Worland (May 28th) and Tensleep (May 29th). Swine members should watch out for a letter with important information about changes in tagging this year!
- Registration for 4-H Camp is also due soon! You can find the registration form and the health from here. Registration needs to be in by June 2nd. Cabins are also available on a first come first serve basis, so get your spot ASAP! You can call the office to reserve a spot in the cabins, or for more information.
- The LAST Level 2 Youth Quality Assurance Meeting will be June 3rd at 6pm at the Extension Office. These training meetings are mandatory in order to sell livestock in the Junior Livestock Sale, so don’t miss your chance!
Watch for the newsletter coming soon for more information about upcoming summer activities, and we look forward to seeing you all throughout the summer.
It’s a BUSY week for us in 4-H!
This week we have a lot of events to help get you and your projects ready for fair!
Monday July 8– Showmanship Clinic for Sheep - 6:30 pm – Fairgrounds, Big Grass Area by the wood outdoor stage, bring your Sheep!
Tuesday July 9– Pampering Day for Fabric and Fashion - 6-7 pm – Extension Office Meeting Room
Wednesday July 10– Showmanship Clinic for Goats – 6:30 pm – Fairgrounds, Grass Show Arena (by pig pens), bring your Goats!
Thursday July 11– Beef Hoof Trimming – 1 pm – Fairgrounds – $20 per head
Thursday-Sunday July 11-14– Wyoming State Shoot – Times Vary – Douglas, WY
Saturday July 13– Washakie County 100 Year Celebration Parade – Meet to be on float – 9 am – at Kiwanis Park (not BLM)
July 15 – Junior Leader Meeting – 6 pm – Extension Office Meeting Room
July 16 – Summer Day Camp – 10 am-3 pm – Extension Office Meeting Room – $5
Don’t forget we have a great Day Camp coming up quickly!
We have moved the Day Camp from it’s original date!
We will be making Ice Cream, survival bracelets and doing lots of other fun activities and experiments. Join us July 16th at the Extension Office to have a ton of fun!
The cost will be $5. Please call the office to register so we can ensure enough supplies for everyone!
Hope to see you there!
We are back from a successful 4-H Camp, and on to the weeks to come!
Events for this week include:
- Showcase Showdown in Laramie June 24th and 25th. We will be leaving for Showcase Showdown on Sunday, time TBA.
- We also have the Day Camp on June 28th. We’ll be making ice cream and be doing lots of other fun activities! The fee for the day will be $5. Call the office and register so we can make sure we have enough supplies to go around!
Have a Great Week! We hope to see you this week at our fun events!
It’s a pretty calm week This Week in 4-H!
- The 2013 Big Horn Basin 4-H Camp is the 17th-20th!
- There is a regular Horse Meeting Tuesday the 18th
- There is a regular Dog Meeting Wednesday the 19th
Looking forward, we have the Johnson County Dog Fun Match, and the State Showcase Showdown next week!
Upcoming Events this Week!
- Youth Quality Assurance Meeting (June 11)- this will be the LAST meeting for this year. Remember this training is mandatory for youth to sell at the Junior Livestock Sale!
- The Presentation Contest will be June 13! Registration is in the Newsletter, this is a great opportunity to work on your public speaking skills and get the chance to represent Washakie County at the Showcase Showdown in Laramie!
- Horse Camp will be in Douglas, June 14-16, get registered soon!
- There will be a Dog Leader Training Saturday, June 15, call the office for more information!
Have a Great Week and let us know if you have any questions!